Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where for beautifully packaged seeds?

(12 Posts)
situatedknowledge Mon 13-Jun-16 15:33:41

A friend is having her 50th birthday soon, and I am stumped for a small but lovely present. She is an avid gardener and allotmenter, though and I wondered about getting her some seeds. I'd really like them to be beautifully packaged though. I know that isn't the point of seeds, but just because they are a gift, I'd like them to look nice. Obviously I can wrap them nicely, but I got some lovely seeds once (a long time ago, I can't remember where from) and they just felt nicer than your usual garden centre ones.

Any suggestions?

TheSpottedZebra Mon 13-Jun-16 15:42:56

I guess it depends on your view of beauty!

There is higgledygarden.com which is very charming
Sarah Raven which quite pretty
Real seeds which all utilitarian-chic
Thomas etty which is all hipstery - vintage
I think franchi seeds come in lovely packets too.

But then I like seeds...
Ooh, and I per ve over us company Baker's Creek ( www.rareseeds.com )

TheSpottedZebra Mon 13-Jun-16 15:44:04

And I can't wait to see what other ideas people have.

Personally-saved and hand -packaged are very very very lovely.

Dig4Victory Mon 13-Jun-16 15:49:02

Sarah Raven does lovely packets too. All of mine came up as well.

weaselwomble Mon 13-Jun-16 16:08:14

Not what you were asking I know but if all else fails you could buy a seed tin to out them in. I am lusting after a lovely green one in Tesco, about 4 pound I think.

situatedknowledge Mon 13-Jun-16 16:35:14

Thank you! Thomas Etty even has a section of stuff that can still be planted this year.

I fear that this may end in hours spent browsing...

situatedknowledge Mon 13-Jun-16 16:37:53

Oh and, Franchi was the one I couldn't remember the name of, but bought years ago. So thank you for that too.

Hiahia Mon 13-Jun-16 17:08:38

www.pennardplants.com/index.php are quite nice in a utilitarian brown paper but still exciting kind of way!

of course the US have superb seed packets from the likes of 'Botanical Interests' or 'Renee's Garden' but I'm not sure how you would go about ordering from the UK sad

HapShawl Mon 13-Jun-16 17:10:14

Seedaholic seeds come with lovely detailed information

HapShawl Mon 13-Jun-16 17:13:05

seedaholic packets

situatedknowledge Tue 14-Jun-16 11:45:53

I've just found these too. Beautiful garden centre, beautiful restaurant, and beautifully packaged seeds. Petersham Nurseries

silversixpence Mon 20-Jun-16 02:46:52

jekka's herbs are beautifully illustrated Link

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now