Talk

Advanced search

moving a mature climbing hydrangea

(5 Posts)
rainbowpony Wed 08-Jun-16 12:14:51

I have a beautiful mature plant in the side passage of my house where it is never seen. It's get several meters of climb along the fence and must be over 20 years old! It's worth the risk of moving as it's never seen anyway. What's the best plan to maximise chance of survival?

NanTheWiser Wed 08-Jun-16 13:33:04

At that age, I doubt you would be able to move it- very risky! Also, climbing hydrangeas prefer shady aspects, so may not like it's new position. Why not buy another if it's new position would be suitable?

Kr1stina Wed 08-Jun-16 13:46:59

I agree. And even if you could move it, it wouldn't cling to the new wall properly .

Just buy another one . And a few other climbers too.

rainbowpony Wed 08-Jun-16 20:37:55

Ah, this makes me sad - I am so so impatient! It will take years from scratch! The spot I plan to move it to us also immensely shady. I clean forgot I did actually buy one (when desperately filling and not paying attention to what it was) which went in a couple of months ago a few meters down from where I intended to rehome this one.

Still sorely tempted. But your telling me it will be tickets for this one, aren't you?

sad

Kr1stina Sat 11-Jun-16 20:34:12

Sorry :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now