Talk

Advanced search

Will my rosemary survive?

(9 Posts)
CruCru Sat 28-May-16 15:57:52

We've just had some builders dig up my herb garden. They put the herbs in pots (as agreed) but didn't put any soil or water in so all the herbs are dead.

The rosemary isn't looking quite as dead as the others so I've put it back in the ground and watered it quite a lot. I know it's rather subjective but is it likely to survive? The root ball was surprisingly small so I suspect a spade may have gone through the root.

It's a real pity because it was just getting to be a really nice, mature plant with quite fat needles (I haven't seen any varieties of Rosemary like it so far). However, if it is dead, I'm sure I can buy a new Rosemary when I go to buy all the other herbs.

Haggisfish Sat 28-May-16 16:04:02

Very possibly! They can survive really dry conditions and are pretty hardy.

CruCru Sat 28-May-16 17:21:42

Here it is.

franke Sat 28-May-16 17:23:57

What a shame. It may well survive but don't be tempted to overwater it.

Iknownuffink Sat 28-May-16 17:25:34

Take cuttings and put them in a wee glass of water.

Your plant may survive if given lots of TLC.

CruCru Sat 28-May-16 17:26:22

Ugh. Problem is, we use a lot of Rosemary (and other herbs) in cooking and this has got to a nice size. Perhaps I'll have to avoid taking any from this one for a while.

Iknownuffink Sat 28-May-16 17:29:36

Forgot so say that if the plant dies, wrap in kitchen paper and put in the. freezer.

PolterGoose Sat 28-May-16 17:43:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CruCru Thu 02-Jun-16 09:24:02

Hi all

It just started looking sorrier and sorrier for itself (and turned brown) so it's now gone.

Here's the new herb garden. It has some growing to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now