Talk

Advanced search

birdfeeder vs crows

(5 Posts)
qazxc Thu 26-May-16 19:16:04

Basically how do I stop the bloody fat gits knocking over my newly acquired birdfeeder (it's already hammered into the ground).

shovetheholly Fri 27-May-16 08:36:02

Gosh, that's quite a problem to have. The trouble with corvidae is that they are really, really clever!

You need something like a squirrel guard I think - a big, wide gauge mesh that small birds can get through and large birds can't. I'm not sure how your feeder is designed, though!!

qazxc Fri 27-May-16 13:00:54

It's this one. It has been hammered in the ground as far as it can go. Thankfully the massive seagulls have so far ignored it. The bloody greedy crows though are still having a go. On the plus side , I saw my first blue tit today. This is what I want naice birds on my birdfeeder to keep me and the cats entertained (cats are indoor only so pose no risk).

shovetheholly Fri 27-May-16 13:46:59

Have a look at feeders with a squirrel guard - you need to check they will fit on those hooks as they can be quite large and spherical!

Ferguson Sun 29-May-16 18:06:44

C J Wildlife do a range of feeders and protective cages - they are probably more expensive than some brands, but are well made and durable:

www.birdfood.co.uk/webcam/garden-birds#gb1

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now