Talk

Advanced search

Another 'please identify this plant' request

(12 Posts)
SnuffleGruntSnorter Wed 25-May-16 20:09:22

It's a climbing plant and has grown to about 7feet tall. Not currently in flower so I only have a leaf pic I'm afraid.

Any ideas? I want to look after it properly!

Squashybanana Wed 25-May-16 20:14:06

We had a trumpet vine that looked similar...long orange bell shaped flowers?

Liara Wed 25-May-16 20:23:18

Has it flowered before? Does it self cling or not?

SnuffleGruntSnorter Wed 25-May-16 21:09:55

I've only just moved in so I don't know if or how it flowers im afraid. It's not self-clinging

EmpressTomatoKetchup Thu 26-May-16 13:24:23

A wisteria?

SnuffleGruntSnorter Thu 26-May-16 16:27:18

Ooh I'd be really excited if it is!

PurpleWithRed Thu 26-May-16 16:27:55

Wisteria

SnuffleGruntSnorter Thu 26-May-16 16:30:52

You've really my day, the leaves really do look like wisteria and it's very common to have them in our village. Now all I need to do is work out how to make it beautiful like all the other ones!

WellErrr Thu 26-May-16 16:32:24

I thought it was a wisteria until I enlarged the pic. It doesn't look like my wisteria I'm afraid.

When did the leaves come out? And what does it look like in winter?

WellErrr Thu 26-May-16 16:33:30

Also has it ever flowered? If it's a wisteria and has flowered in the past, it should be in flower now.

SnuffleGruntSnorter Thu 26-May-16 16:38:25

I'm afraid I can't answer your questions - no idea of its ever flowered or when the leaves emerged. We have only just moved in, I can't remember what it looked like when we came to view last August - but it certainly wasn't in full bloom then.

WellErrr Thu 26-May-16 16:50:26

Ah ok. Wisterias can take up to 20 years to flower, depending on whether they grew from seed or were grafted, and the quality of the graft.

The leaves are shorter and rounder than on mine (a Lavendar Lace), but it could be a different variety?

The leaves would certainly be out now anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now