Talk

Advanced search

Push lawnmower- does anyone have one?

(7 Posts)
Notthecarwashagain Thu 12-May-16 14:58:43

My garden is quite far away from my house (across an access road)
As I'm fed up of using multiple extension cables, and my mower is near on useless anyway, I'm looking at getting something a bit easier.

I've looked at petrol, but I'm a bit scared (I know, very wimpy) and thought that a push mower might be the best solution?

Is it very hard work?
My lawn isn't huge (about 50x25ft)

The mower I have is a knackered flymo, and I'm doing most of the effort these days (it's gliding days are well over) but I don't want to make things any harder!

Thanks in advance smile

ClutterofStarlings Thu 12-May-16 15:08:30

Do you mean an unpowered one? We do, but we also have a very tiny lawn. It's fine, although doesn't like big lumps and bumps. It also gets jammed by twigs from the hedge, it can't just munch them up like a powered one would. It does us fine and was only twenty quid

Notthecarwashagain Thu 12-May-16 15:17:32

Yes sorry that's the one!
Twenty quid is a brilliant price.

Does it take a lot of effort to push?

gleam Thu 12-May-16 15:20:40

I have one and I do the smaller front lawn with it. Agree that it's not so hot on a lumpy lawn but it doesn't do a bad job.

Mine's a basic, cheap model and it's not hard to push. Plus it's exercise!

InternationalHouseofToast Thu 12-May-16 15:22:13

We have one - DH bought it so we could use the clippings to feed to the guinea pigs. It's no effort - the 6 year old can use it without a problem, but you just have to check that the blades are set correctly when you assemble it as it works like a pair of scissors - one fixed blade and a moving blade goes past it to cut. DH's not hugely technically savy but set it up no problems. would have to check which one we've got but possibly this one. DH recommends it highly.

Notthecarwashagain Thu 12-May-16 15:30:25

Ah great, thank you all, sounds like it might be the way to go.
I could definitely use the exercise too!

Notthecarwashagain Thu 12-May-16 15:31:37

That Einhell one looks brilliant International, thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now