Talk

Advanced search

to do redo this fence...

(7 Posts)
FeedMyFaceWithJaffaCakes Mon 18-Apr-16 11:01:33

Need some tips on how to change my fence so I'm not so over looked by my neighbour in my new house smile
Happy for any ideas!
Thanks

Palomb Mon 18-Apr-16 11:04:11

plant some trees and shrubs smile

echt Mon 18-Apr-16 11:13:41

What is the height of that fence, and what direction do you face from your windows?

That massive house wall to the right needs a thought: free-standing trellis to support some masking climbers.

FeedMyFaceWithJaffaCakes Mon 18-Apr-16 11:34:31

That's my garage to the right, so not too concerned about that, thought I'd get something to grow up it.
I just hate being overlooked so need to address the holey fence first smile
Does mock orange grow in a bush? I love that smell. smile

HaveYouSeenHerLately Mon 18-Apr-16 12:03:35

How tall is the fence? If it's only 5ft high I would look to replace it with 6ft fence as it's not a massive section.

Alternatively I'd buy a roll or two of 1.5m reed screening from Home Bargains (other retailers available but it's £3.99 there wink) attach it securely with wire and plant trees and shrubs. The reed screening doesn't last forever but lasts a lot longer with a barrier behind it - your gappy fence is perfect. It will provide an instant barrier whilst your shrubs and trees get established.
I'd line it up with the top of the fence as the shrubs will cover where it doesn't reach at the bottom and it won't get damp. Make sure it's the 1.5m size not 1.2m smile

I have laurel along the top of my fence, it was there already. I clip it so that it covers the area above the fence panel (any remember what you call this) and it provides evergreen coverage.

FeedMyFaceWithJaffaCakes Mon 18-Apr-16 22:50:36

I don't know how tall it is, will measure it when we move in!
We're going to put blinds in all that way facing windows on the day we move in smile(

shovetheholly Tue 19-Apr-16 07:24:45

I would cover the fence with a couple of climbers and then, as palomb said, plant some small trees and some evergreen shrubs in front. It will make your house feel positively secluded!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now