Poor quality lily bulbs?

(6 Posts)
VintageDisco Sun 17-Apr-16 05:43:00

Is anyone knowledgeable about lily bulbs? I just received these in the post. I think they look awful and I am soooo disappointed. What are the chances of them being okay despite their appearance? Or should I be complaining? Thanks.

Unremarkable Mon 18-Apr-16 09:25:41

They don't look wonderful but they don't look terrible either. They look a bit small maybe. If they still feel firm (not squishy) then they'll most probably be alright. I would plant them in a pot rather than a border (even though they are tall lilies - just give them some support) so you can keep an eye on them and give them some controlled release fertiliser.

You could send them back. Under the Consumer Rights Act you have an early right to reject goods that are unsatisfactory quality and get a full refund. But this right is limited to 30 days from the date of purchase of your product. If you wait for them to grow (or not) you might have more difficulty getting your money back.

VintageDisco Mon 08-Aug-16 08:25:03

Sorry Unremarkable, I did mean to come back to thank you for your response. It wasn't a very popular thread but I just thought I'd post an update in case anyone is interested. The bulbs had a slow start but have done quite well, I think. The ones that looked the worst ( Purple prince) grew the tallest and have the most flowers!

LaurieFairyCake Mon 08-Aug-16 08:35:25

They look fantastic! smile

VintageDisco Mon 08-Aug-16 14:30:57

I'm quite pleased with them Laurie.smile

Sooverthis Mon 08-Aug-16 15:24:18

Lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now