Concealing a trampoline

(8 Posts)
HaveYouSeenHerLately Wed 13-Apr-16 19:27:11

Has anyone had any success covering or concealing the upper part of a trampoline enclosure?

I can't find anything on Google whatsoever sad

Story is that the newest neighbours two doors down have erected a massive trampoline against the fence. Fence is 6ft high and the enclosure must be another 2-4ft above that. There's a neighbour inbetween but our houses are small terraces so it still feels very intrusive.

It's level with the patios and obviously the kids want to be on it all the time evenings and weekends. I love pottering in my garden and I'm finding it really difficult to relax confused

They seem quite approachable so I'm wondering if I could broach the idea of some sort of camouflage for the half nearest the fence - just the section above the fenceline. Is this insane? I understand they might say no blush

HaveYouSeenHerLately Wed 13-Apr-16 19:30:30

Frustratingly both they and the middle neighbours have ripped out all the beautiful (manageable!) mature screening and I don't think either plan to plant anything in its place.

HaveYouSeenHerLately Wed 13-Apr-16 19:37:45

Obviously an option is to make my garden more secluded but it would take enormous time and/or expense to buy or grow things to 10ft height. I plan to plant giant sunflowers this year but I don't think they really constitute a screen grin

PerettiChelsea Wed 13-Apr-16 19:37:55

You have my sympathies I should take you a photo of our terrace it's all trampolines! Couldn't beat em so joined em!
Could you ask them to attach a tarpaulin to one side? Only you would know how that'd go down!
Can you increase the height of your fence? Or install something like a coveted veranda of some sort??

PerettiChelsea Wed 13-Apr-16 19:38:47

Buy them a trampoline tent as a present? grin

PerettiChelsea Wed 13-Apr-16 19:40:10

Suggest they bury it?

PerettiChelsea Wed 13-Apr-16 19:44:01

?

HaveYouSeenHerLately Wed 13-Apr-16 20:26:36

Haha grin They're pretty new neighbours and unfortunately I don't share the fence (they're one small garden away) so I can't add anything to extend it. The middle neighbours though childless have stated it doesnt bother them (how?!) thus making me look super-unreasonable blush

There's nowhere else in the garden for it to go really as it's just so large you can see it from space all positions

There's quite an age difference between the oldest and youngest so at least another 10-15yrs to go!

I have no children so can't employ that tactic Peretti grin

The trampoline tents are um, bright!!

They've just redone the garden and bought the world's largest shed (tm) so I don't think they'd really be up for excavating and sinking it into the ground although IMO that looks so much better wink

One thing I considered is artificial ivy on a roll. They sell it in Home Bargains, 1x3m (2 rolls needed!). It looks questionable close up but from a distance looks okay. I think it could be attached with cable ties fairly easily.

I imagine they'll say no but I thought I'd research some options just in case flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now