Talk

Advanced search

Best online deals for pots? Prefers stone or ceramic, but nice plastic ones ok??

(5 Posts)
Swifey Wed 16-Mar-16 11:12:03

I have a lathe terrace, and a large gravel area further down the garden with swing seat and table and chairs on that also need pots too!! Second hand is fine!!

Swifey Wed 16-Mar-16 11:12:50

Or even large terrace!!wink

dolkapots Wed 16-Mar-16 11:38:43

I don't have any advice regarding online, but poundstretcher have really nice plastic glazed pots for around £6. The same ones in my local homeware/garden centre are around £20 so a real bargain.

B&M Bargains are doing a set of 5 glazed ceramic ones for £9.99

funnyperson Wed 16-Mar-16 17:15:09

Do get as big pots as possible

The roots grow downwards (obvious I know) so make sure the base of the pot is not too narrow for the growing plant.

I have found plastic terracotta pots to be better than clay pots in some ways as they are frost proof, and not too heavy, and they do not cause the plants to dry out in the way that unglazed terracotta clay pots do.

As always a good drainage hole is essential.

ebay and amazon both have large selections. The best time to get pots is in the winter and definitely before easter as prices for all garden stuff goes up at easter!

cooper44 Wed 16-Mar-16 23:17:30

swifey I just collected 20 second hand terracota pots - all different sizes - from a seller on ebay who was having a massive clearout - I paid about 35 for the lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now