Talk

Advanced search

Best gardening gift vouchers - recommendations please

(9 Posts)
Lilipot15 Mon 07-Mar-16 14:30:10

I want to buy a present for a relative who lives in the Highlands. She is a keen gardener but I don't know much about gardening. I thought of a gift voucher - have used crocus before. Is this company still good? Any other recommendations?

HeyMacWey Mon 07-Mar-16 14:33:29

How about national gardening gift vouchers - then they can choose something from somewhere local.

Lilipot15 Mon 07-Mar-16 14:35:30

Are they accepted by all nurseries? She lives in the middle of nowhere!

HeyMacWey Mon 07-Mar-16 14:37:02

Most of the national chains and independents - perhaps google one that are close to her and eye of they accept them?

Lilipot15 Mon 07-Mar-16 14:50:15

Thanks. Presumably a keen gardener would prefer to see things in person to check condition etc before buying?

shovetheholly Mon 07-Mar-16 15:57:57

Some mail order companies are very good now - I am more than happy to trust the good ones for things like hardy perennials, though I might want to see something like a tree to check the structure of it before buying.

Don't forget that you can buy non-plants with gift tokens too (I just gave someone a metal Haws watering can for a birthday and it went down very well).

National gardening gift vouchers are accepted by most nurseries - maybe check that the ones near her take them first, though? (A quick phonecall should sort that out).

Lilipot15 Mon 07-Mar-16 16:04:16

Shove, which mail order companies do you recommend?

shovetheholly Mon 07-Mar-16 16:54:11

Ones I've tried: Crocus are good. Long Acre plants are excellent. For non-organic stuff, Harrod horticultural are good.

If you're looking for a smallish gift, Secret Gardening Club are great. You buy a 'plant pass' for around £10 a year and you then get access to cheap plants for 12 months.

Lilipot15 Mon 07-Mar-16 16:55:20

Thanks, will look into those

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now