Talk

Advanced search

Left over Rose Feed - will it still be ok to use now?

(3 Posts)
NigellasGuest Tue 16-Feb-16 16:57:12

Basically it was left in a damp shed, so the cardboard box is floppy and the rose feed inside has clogged together into a hard lump (whereas it should be free-flowing).

Can anyone tell me if it's still all right to use, if I just separate it with a hand fork or something? Or should I just get rid, and buy some more?
Thanks!

shovetheholly Wed 17-Feb-16 08:30:43

I am sure the manufacturers would tell you to buy more... but I've used general purpose feed in this state before without any bad effects! I would just get your psycho on with a pointy bit of metal and break it up, then use!!

NigellasGuest Wed 17-Feb-16 12:36:26

thanks Shove - I have already given some to a container grown rose (hopefully it's the right time of year)?!
I'm not so much worried about ill effects, just potential depletion of benefits. I've got 6 treasured David Austin roses (Gentle Hermione and Port Sunlight - three of each) that are at least five years old now and I want to make sure they get the best nourishment. I guess it's a bit of a false economy not to buy new feed (and remember to store it somewhere dry). It's just that it's a drive to the garden centre and I don't want to buy anything else other than that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now