Talk

Advanced search

Hedging - where to buy?

(4 Posts)
ScoopyDoo Wed 10-Feb-16 10:03:03

I would like to plant 6 metres of copper beech hedge. I understand that bare root plants are better, and think 4-5 per metre so around 30 plants, no more than 60-90cm high. I am happy to wait for it to grow and think I'm right that smaller height plants may be easier to establish and be hardier in the long run.

Has anyone ordered hedging online and if so, can you recommend a reputable company?

I am happy to be told online is a bad idea but none of the nurseries near me seem to do hedging so this seems like the best idea.

Thanks in advance.

poppy1973 Wed 10-Feb-16 10:06:49

We used hedges direct for some fruit trees a few weeks ago. Really reasonable and the best price around for delivery. They arrived a few days later, well packaged and really good condition. Couldn't fault the company.

poppy1973 Wed 10-Feb-16 10:07:38

My fruit trees were even better value than the local nursery including the delivery prices. Copper beech is a good price with them.

ScoopyDoo Wed 10-Feb-16 10:37:15

Thank you poppy. I had looked at them but wary because they pop up first on Google so very useful to get feedback from someone (even if still anonymously on the internet!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now