Talk

Advanced search

Plug Plants - expert help needed

(6 Posts)
lilibet Fri 03-Jul-15 17:29:23

Would you please be so kind as to give me a bit of advice oh wise gardening ones?

I ordered a pack of 72 plug plants from Van Meuwen and they have arrived :-) so that's a start! There are 12 different varieties

I've googled what type of soil/light/dimensions they are all so know where they will go best in the garden.

My question is (and I'm sorry if it's daft) how many of each do I plant together? For example - I have five doronicim little leo - do i plant them together but a couple of inches apart, or closer or in different bits of the garden altogether? They are teeny tiny.

Thanks

LostInMusic Sun 05-Jul-15 07:03:40

I would pot each one up and only plant them out when they're decent sized plants - so, possibly around September time or maybe even next Spring. In my experience, those tiny plug plants need a fair bit of nurturing if they are to do well.

LostInMusic Sun 05-Jul-15 07:04:48

Disclaimer: I am no expert, but have ordered a fair few plug plants!

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Sun 05-Jul-15 07:14:51

Agree with Lost. Unless they're annual bedding plants to flower this season but I am assuming they're perennials for next year?

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Sun 05-Jul-15 07:16:35

A lot of things want to be bigger than plug size when they go outside to be in with a chance of withstanding the slugs.

DoreenLethal Sun 05-Jul-15 07:37:22

What are they?

I'd repot into larger pots first. Plugs are just babies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now