Talk

Advanced search

Hedge cutting on a hill.

(3 Posts)
thearty1 Sun 28-Jun-15 20:41:45

Our garden is on a fairly steep incline. We have an 8ft hedge running along one side, which we're struggling to trim using a step ladder, due to the hill.

I'm looking for a step ladder type thing that is designed to be used, on hilly terrain.

I've not had much luck googling this. I'm probably not describing what I'm looking for correctly!!!!

Hoping someone who is less clueless than myself might be able to advise me on what it is I'm looking for, or where I can buy them.

Thanks in advance.

Ferguson Sun 28-Jun-15 23:16:28

I used to have one of these, for decorating purposes, but it can be configured in different ways, so something similar might suit you; but they aren't cheap. Different companies do similar things:

www.screwfix.com/p/lyte-4-way-combination-platform-ladder-aluminium-alloy-2-x-6-rungs-2-81m/18247

shovetheholly Mon 29-Jun-15 08:47:21

If money is no object, one of these will make a terrible chore into a breeze: www.niwaki.com/store/tripod-ladders/

They're Niwaki pruning ladders from Japan, and the fact that they are a tripod means less damage to the plants growing nearby. The back legs can be adjusted to suit whatever slope you are on - they extend and shorten in steps - so you still have a really stable base.

I would definitely buy one if I had that much spare cash!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now