Talk

Advanced search

What are these and where should I plant them?

(5 Posts)
SkodaLabia Sat 27-Jun-15 14:34:38

Can you identify these plants? I was given them as gifts but don't know what to do with them.

EmNetta Sat 27-Jun-15 14:40:27

They look a lot like creeping campanulas - sorry I don't know formal name, but have just moved some from back garden to front, hoping to cover up some old brickwork. Easy to grow anywhere, AFAIK, just make sure you get lots of root with plant if transplanting, they go quite deep.

SkodaLabia Sat 27-Jun-15 19:17:56

Thanks. As far as I can see they're two different plants, but I did wonder if the smaller one was a campanula.

Gatekeeper Sat 27-Jun-15 19:21:38

They are both campanulas ...I have both of them but can't remember the varieties for the life of me and have had four bottles of Becks

The brighter coloured one forms a solid mound of vivid blue colour and can grown in a teaspoon of soil...great for growing down walls and banks egc. The other one os more lax and less showy but also good for dry walls and scrambling. I nicked a bit out of someones wall in Richmond blush and it rooted in two days

PlainHunting Sun 28-Jun-15 12:35:07

Great in rookeries or growing over the edge of walls.

Need full sun.

Bees absolutely love them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now