How do I stop neighbours cat pooing on my front lawn?

(10 Posts)
sarah00001 Tue 23-Jun-15 20:37:45

Hi, my neighbours ginger cat keeps pooing on my front lawn. I'm 39 weeks pregnant and live alone and I can't clear it up at the moment due to the risk of toxoplasmosis.

Can anyone recommend how I can stop this cat from doing this?

Many thanks, Sarah

Stopanuary Tue 23-Jun-15 21:42:35

I'm having some success with black metal cat silhouettes - with spooky marble eyes- and liberal sprinklings of curry powder!

sarah00001 Tue 23-Jun-15 23:52:37

Thanks Stopanuary. I've just ordered 2 from Amazon. Fingers crossed!

twofalls Tue 23-Jun-15 23:54:46

My mum has a high pitched device which deters cats. It bleeps every 10 mins or so. I have the same problem so am going to order one.

sarah00001 Wed 24-Jun-15 18:51:10

Thanks twofalls, I might try that if the cat silhouettes don't work.

What is the best way to clean up cat poo? With my dog, I use nappy bags, which is easy because her poos are small. The cat poo in my garden is in big piles and really messy. I want to clean it up in the least messy way possible. Thanks.

Qwebec Thu 25-Jun-15 01:20:05

it's expensive but v effective
www.amazon.ca/Contech-Scarecrow-Motion-Activated-Sprinkler/dp/B000071NUS/ref=pd_sxp_redirect

Cedar03 Thu 25-Jun-15 10:14:33

Just scoop it up into plastic bags and dispose. Use gloves at the moment. If you leave it they will happily carry on using it as a toilet. I placed small sticks over part of my garden so that they are less comfortable.

I've tried teabags soaked in eucalyptus oil to discourage them - they're not supposed to like the smell. This was quite effective until it rained.

Or a water pistol if you actually catch them at it.

sarah00001 Sat 27-Jun-15 11:34:45

Thanks Qwebec and Cedar for the tips and the web link. Will definitely look into these.

TheSpottedZebra Sat 27-Jun-15 13:49:59

Could you ask the neighbour to pick it up if you are sure which cat and to whom it belongs? I have cats, and I'd not be upset if I were asked the same, particularly if it was by someone who was pregnant.

ClariceBeanthatsme Sat 27-Jun-15 14:02:03

The scaredy cat plant, curry plant, lavender and rosemary are all supposed to keep cats away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now