Talk

Advanced search

What is this please?

(5 Posts)
Chipsticksnvinegar Sun 21-Jun-15 19:29:23

I dug over a neglected bed and put in annuals, a few perennials and a couple of very small hydrangeas to give some summer interest a few weeks ago while I decide what I want to put in there longer term with year round interest.

I have just noticed today 4 of these coming up ... Have not seen them in the bed before in the past (long neglected) so I am a bit confused as I am sure I have not planted any bulbs/tubers etc. The soil was well turned over and new garden soil added before I re-planted so have I perhaps re-ignited something that was dormant?

I am a novice gardener, so as long as they are not triffids I am happy to let them grow and see what they are grin. They are approx 2-3 inches tall at moment and not all emerging straight and have a pale pink/pale green look at the moment.

What are they please?

EggsAreNotFromCows Sun 21-Jun-15 20:15:00

Triffids maybe?

traviata Sun 21-Jun-15 20:22:20

They could be lilies, I reckon.

but lots of bulbs look a bit like that. They also look like hyacinths, but it's not the right time of year.

I am pretty confident they are from bulbs that have been disturbed.

Chipsticksnvinegar Sun 21-Jun-15 20:35:54

Thank you traviata
Eggs grin If we disappear in the next couple of weeks and the house looks like it was just abandoned then I definitely reckon Triffids grin

EggsAreNotFromCows Sun 21-Jun-15 21:26:07

Sorry not very helpful grin
If you survive, you'll probably just have to wait and see what they turn into. As traviata says a lot of stuff looks like that. Once you know the colour, height and type of flower it'll be much easier

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now