Talk

Advanced search

What colour to paint my garden fence?

(3 Posts)
Brambles35 Mon 15-Jun-15 16:02:23

Recently moved house and attempting to spruce up the garden. So far we have removed all the overgrown shrubs and hideous conifer trees so it's looking quite bare apart from a decking area in the corner. It's wide but short (if that makes sense?) planning on keeping it quite 'minimal' plant wise as we have small boys that will trash any plants. We have 6ft feather edge fencing all round and behind that are large trees.

Am I right in thinking that if I paint the fences in a dark forest green, it will make the garden feel bigger as it will flow from the green grass to the trees behind?

If we do paint it green, should I paint the decking the same colour or different?

Thanks

cooper44 Mon 15-Jun-15 18:57:42

i love dark green fences - did mine in a very dark green a few months ago and they look great - or at least they will once I have got round to planting in front of them. Get a paint sprayer to do it though - so much easier/quicker.
Does decking need to be painted? I would think that with a lot of walking on it's probably best just left as wood and treated isn't it? I know nothing about decking though.

AnulTheMagnificent Mon 22-Jun-15 00:14:40

I painted my fence white last year, to make the garden brighter, there is ivy along the back and I have a natural area with a wood pile there, ivy along most of one side with a few panels at either end, and the fence on the other side. North facing garden. I used Ash White paint which is not a brilliant white.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now