Talk

Advanced search

I've got a really nice big, new pot

(6 Posts)
EggsAreNotFromCows Fri 12-Jun-15 22:11:55

But I don't know what to put in it. It's to go on patio which gets sun for a few hours each day. It's about 2 foot high, 2 foot diameter. I'd like something with lots of colour, maybe a shrub. I like bold, striking plants. Any ideas?

itsnothingoriginal Fri 12-Jun-15 22:18:51

Monty did a lovely pot earlier on Gardeners World with a phormium in the middle and cosmos + various other perennials around it. Very striking I thought!

PoppyBlossom Fri 12-Jun-15 22:24:37

I've a lovely weigela in the garden, in a deep pink berry shade. I really like lavender in pots too, although maybe too simple.

echt Sat 13-Jun-15 07:55:20

Whatever you decide, pot it up where you want it to be, so you don't have to heave it about later. I speak from experience of the plant-shifting that living in Australia makes necessary.

It's worth looking at the pot from wherever you might be seated: through a window, on the patio, and think what you can see through it, as it were.

EggsAreNotFromCows Sat 13-Jun-15 09:59:03

Some good thoughts there, thank you. I like the photinia but not sure it's right for this pot. I do have a chimney that I think would suit one though. Weigela is pretty and there seems to be a lot of varieties.

ChishandFips33 Sat 13-Jun-15 20:17:48

camellia in pots look good and are great if your soil isn't suitable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now