Talk

Advanced search

Would you try and clean this path?

(15 Posts)
SurlyCue Thu 11-Jun-15 20:45:39

I dont really want tonnes of water all over the place so if i should clean it how should I? What should i use? Or leave it?

SurlyCue Thu 11-Jun-15 20:48:04

Sorry forgot pics!

Moreisnnogedag Thu 11-Jun-15 20:49:49

I think the only thing that will get that off without tons of elbow grease is a pressure washer.

SurlyCue Thu 11-Jun-15 20:50:39

I feared as much!

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Thu 11-Jun-15 20:52:43

I've always been intrigued by that stuff advertised in Sunday supplements that claims that it just needs to be painted on. Will see if I can find a link

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Thu 11-Jun-15 21:38:00

Something like this

ExcuseMyEyebrows Thu 11-Jun-15 21:59:49

Patio Magic does a good job with practically no effort - just mix it with water and pour on.

SurlyCue Thu 11-Jun-15 22:15:26

Thank you both! Im thinking hardware store rather than argos/asdA for the likes of patio magic etc?

rrawson3 Fri 12-Jun-15 15:20:22

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 12-Jun-15 15:22:07

I can't see the pic as I'm on the app but soda crystals are great for cleaning paths.

SurlyCue Fri 12-Jun-15 17:33:00

Ok so i found an old MSE thread on google that suggested either bleach in water or a pressure washer. I tried the bleach and water last night and didnt see any improvement so got some patio cleaner down town today and tried this evening, slight improvement but not what i was hoping for. Looks like pressure washer is my next option. I am almost certain my dad has one at his house so will ask him and go from there. Thanks all.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 14-Jun-15 18:20:30

I bought "Wet and Forget" (Costco is the cheapest ) but after mixing, applying and waiting........................................ nada.

I bought a pressure washer ( and I was pleasantly surprised that there isn't a great pond of water resulting) it cleaned it brilliantly.

I will use the rest of the W&F in the autumn to prepare the patio for winter

AnulTheMagnificent Sun 21-Jun-15 19:43:38

Vinegar, washing up liquid and water, spray/water it on, leave to dry on a dry, sunny day.

I also use a stiff broom to work it in.

It takes a little while to work and may need doing a couple of times at weekly or fortnightly intervals.

NorahDentressangle Mon 22-Jun-15 17:14:38

I have a long handled scrubbing brush. which would prob do it with some strong cleaner but I bought it at a farmer's market so can't tell you where to get one.

It looks like long term soot/dirt so scrub or powerwash.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 22-Jun-15 17:26:22

If your path has pointing/ grouting keep the pressure washer away as it breaks it up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now