Talk

Advanced search

Anyone tried the "Grow for flavour" tips?

(4 Posts)
slightlyeggstained Sun 07-Jun-15 12:33:08

Skimmed this book in Waterstones yesterday - has anyone tried any of the tips, and if so, how did they work?

http://www.jameswong.co.uk/grow-for-flavour/4588092106

Thinking that the aspirin spray sounds relatively low effort, then there was something about molasses feed but I can't remember what veg you use it for. And I have everything in growbags this year so that's already a non-starter for the tomatoes according to James.

slightlyeggstained Sun 07-Jun-15 12:34:04

www.jameswong.co.uk/grow-for-flavour/4588092106

funnyperson Sun 07-Jun-15 14:04:47

I heard his talk on this at the rhs which was convincing and came away with the idea there was a particular variety of blueberry better than all the others but cant remember which one, didnt buy the book, and have done nothing about it. I might buy some red plastic if I grow tomatoes.

slightlyeggstained Mon 08-Jun-15 00:33:49

I rather liked the idea that less effort in feeding and watering was a good thing! <lazy gardener>

Had a look, think the blueberries are Rubel - the description of fire red autumn leaves sounds pretty attractive too.

www.suttons.co.uk/Gardening/Fruit/Soft+Fruit/Blueberry+Plants/Blueberry+Plant+-+Rubel_247925.htm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now