Talk

Advanced search

from where do you buy bedding plants

(8 Posts)
mum2015 Fri 29-May-15 14:11:44

Tesco, homebase, b&Q etc or some online supplier? I just need usual petunias, begonias, impatiens etc.

BuddingGardener Sat 30-May-15 17:55:15

I just got 10 bedding plants from home bargains for 99p. Lobialias xxx

traviata Mon 01-Jun-15 21:05:38

aldi is often worth a look.

Methe Mon 01-Jun-15 21:49:09

Always b&q tbh. I don't really use annuals in the groud but buy loads of lobelia, mini petunias, geraniums and the like for the pots.

I like to go first thing in the morning and hunt for bargains. One year I managed to do all my pots for under a fiver as every thin had been reduced to 20p.

mum2015 Tue 02-Jun-15 09:18:44

thats is great. Do you also get compost from B&Q?

Methe Wed 03-Jun-15 22:04:35

Yeah always. I've tried other brands but it's not as good. One year I bought compost from Lidl and it smelled like sewage so I stick to what I like now smile

iamEarthymama Wed 03-Jun-15 22:14:39

We are lucky here.
Our greengrocer/butchers in the village has bedding plants and some perennials
Local twice a week Blackwood Market has a fantastic plant stall. These plants are great quality, reasonably priced and the dad and daughter team are helpful and friendly.

Green grocers in nearby villages also carry a good range of bedding plants.

If I have more money to spend i go to garden centres with a cafe, though I would buy unusual plants for the beds or shrubs.

I love Crocus online and the big nurseries like Thompson and Morgan do some great offers too.

I don't like Wilkinson's, the plants aren't looked after.

All of my plants are in the garden waiting for the nice weather this weekend. I am so far behind, most people are well on with their baskets though they aren't outside yet.

I love this time of year, enjoy everyone!

SparkzFly Thu 04-Jun-15 10:45:06

We usually use B&Q or our local Aldi but recently purchased some from a charity called TCV, The Conservation Volunteers. Only been in a couple of weeks so can't review completely yet but seem decent so far and were reasonably priced

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now