Talk

Advanced search

Fucking cat poo

(25 Posts)
CactusAnnie Sat 23-May-15 01:36:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

aircooled Sat 23-May-15 12:43:18

See Lion Poo thread - it's supposed to work for cats.

You could soak bits of cottonwool in citronella oil and leave that around (protected from rain) -they hate the smell. Just don't let your 1yo eat them...

Best bet is to get your own cat - it will see off the other feline visitors then go next door to do its own poo.

Stinkersmum Sat 23-May-15 12:52:40

You can go in the garden if you get pregnant, I really wish the hysteria would stop about toxoplasmosis etc. I'm pregnant. When I fell, I had 11 indoor cats and approx 20 outdoor cats. I'm not sick, pregnancy is going just fine. And I still scoop the poop from my indoor cats litter trays. Just wash your hands, and don't eat cat poo, it's that simple!

CactusAnnie Sat 23-May-15 17:03:46

Stinkersmum Sat 23-May-15 17:09:43

Saying go you can't go in the garden if you're pregnant because of cat poo is not being precautious, it's slightly hysterical.....

cuntycowfacemonkey Sat 23-May-15 17:15:23

No don't get your own cat it's a complete myth that a) they don't shit in their own yard and b) keep other cats away. My two are fucking useless at keeping others away AND are guilty for the majority of crap I find in our garden. TBH they are getting worse as they get older and am at the end of my tether with them.

fairyelephantswellies Sat 23-May-15 17:23:02

Mothballs work quite well to keep cats away... Crunch them up with a rolling pin and sprinkle on the soil.

cuntycowfacemonkey Sat 23-May-15 17:25:58

Mothballs are highly toxic though so wouldn't use with kids in the garden

Stillyummy Sat 23-May-15 17:32:48

I would like to second cowface. My cat has cat friends, they all come over and roll/shit on my French beans together! I do simpathise, it must be hard when you don't love the responsible party.

ocelot41 Sat 23-May-15 17:35:44

I had this for 5 summers and tried bloody everything. Have now found two things that work. 1. Grow climbing roses over their entry/exit points if fences. 2. Solar powered high pitched cat scarers. They really WORK.

minkGrundy Sat 23-May-15 17:39:39

stinkers.op is correct.
The chances of you getting toxoplaosus whilst pregnant are low because there is a good chance you have already had it- you have cats.
Op does not so she is at higher risk.
(Although you can still do gardening you just need to wear gloves and be very very careful which is annoying because you shouldn't have to)

Wish people who keep 20 or so cats would think about the mess they make.

CactusAnnie Sat 23-May-15 17:39:46

MissLurkalot Sat 23-May-15 17:44:01

My neighbour's front and back garden is full of cat poo since our new neighbours moved in a year ago. She's been going batshit crazy about it. However... The high cat solar high pitch noise thingies work for her.

MissLurkalot Sat 23-May-15 17:46:31

PS I don't think you're neurotic at all... Digging in your garden and coming across somebody else's pets shit is fucking gross.. End of! Yes.. I'm bitter.. Cat shit on the grass the other week, all kids ran through it and bounced it into their trampoline, then back into my kitchen.

iliketea Sat 23-May-15 17:50:21

Have you got an outside tap? We recently got a sensor scarecrow thing which attaches to the hose and sprays water when it senses movement.. We have had no cat poo in the garden since, and dd has had great fun with it when the sun shines. It's like a sensor sprinkler, so sprays anything that moves with water. And if she's playing in the garden and we don't want her soaked we just turn it off until she comes back inside.

CactusAnnie Sat 23-May-15 17:51:28

minkGrundy Sat 23-May-15 17:51:41

Iliketea i ha e thought about one of those but as it is front garden it woukd catch the postie. How easy is it to control the range/direction of spray?

CactusAnnie Sat 23-May-15 17:53:09

iliketea Sat 23-May-15 18:00:37

Can't' link as I found it on my Amazon app, although we bought it in a garden centre. It's called a jet spray wildlife repeller, you connect it to the hose from the outside tap. We could set sensitivity and spray pressure so it only goes a certain distance (we set ours so it doesn't hit the neighbours fence or walls for example).

CactusAnnie Sat 23-May-15 20:14:17

halfmoonpose Mon 25-May-15 13:21:17

nicecomfymat Mon 25-May-15 13:55:24

We had this problem in our old house. Ten (yes ten) cats next door who just shat all over the lawn and the kids would just step in it without us realising it was there and then walk it into the house. It's a nightmare. I don't get the cat lovers who say oh it's only shit, don't be ridiculous. Bird and fox shit? Ok nature etc. people choosing to keep too many animals knowing they'll shit next door? Anti social.

We had the thing that makes a noise but it wasn't that effective compared to the scarecrow water sprayer which was awesome.

However it works best when set on a wide arc that covers your lawn and does hit people walking in front of it or near it. We kept forgetting it was on and one of us would go out to hang washing or go in the shed and then we'd shit ourselves as it gunned us with water grin. Got my ageing mum a couple of times too grin

Depending on whether you know the source (with us it was obvious) my DH took to chucking it over the fence back to the cat owners. You know, seeing as how they don't mind it and all? wink

MehsMum Mon 25-May-15 13:57:45

Just to say that having your own cat will not mean an end to cat poo in your garden: our cat craps exclusively under a (now dead) bush in our garden. I'd rather he did it there than next door...

LetThereBeCupcakes Wed 27-May-15 11:43:19

I feel your pain, OP. I'm trying lots of different things but I've found the most effective repellant so far to be my dogs! They are barky enough to frighten them off but not fast enough to actually catch one I hope

I love the idea of the water shooting thingy though. I suspect my dogs will rather like it too...

Hallyracket Wed 27-May-15 11:49:48

Drives me mad other peoples' animals coming in to our garden and shitting. Our next door neighbour's cat comes in and when I manage the timing right I fling water over it. I'm going to get a hose so that I'm better prepared as they hate that and hopefully it will learn not to trespass!

Other thing I do is fling it back over in to their garden and hope neighbours kids don't play with it.

I can't imagine how people could put up with 10 cats living next door to them and doing this. How anti-social.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now