Talk

Advanced search

Cream obelisk?

(6 Posts)
Chippychop Wed 13-May-15 18:41:27

Anyone seen any wood or metal - decent quality but mustnt cost the earth. At least c2m?

cooper44 Wed 13-May-15 22:08:32

the nicest ones I know of are Wooden Garden Obelisks but they are not the cheapest - but lovely quality and you can choose your colour.

evelynj Fri 15-May-15 22:44:32

I also really want a couple of nice obelisks for my sweet peas this year. The cheap ones I've been using are too small or too ugly.

B&q have triangular wooden trellis types for about £30 that aren't too bad but not to my taste. My nearby independent garden centre have some nice metal ones quite large but about £50 iirc but I think I, just going to bite the bullet &'buy them as I would normally dither & research for ages & be annoyingly indecisive!

Unless anyone has any other great recs?

shovetheholly Mon 18-May-15 09:27:19

You could build your own out of cheap or reclaimed timber and paint it - there are lots of plans online and they don't look that difficult to do.

evelynj Tue 19-May-15 00:04:09

Shove-thanks, I think I will try that-nothing to loose even though I have zero skills!

shovetheholly Tue 19-May-15 08:10:12

cheers *Evelynj Go for it! Some of the designs say that they are easier because you don't have to do one of those cuts on the diagonal with a saw. (There is probably a technical term for them, but I have no clue!) And post us a picture when you are proudly done of your shiny new obelisk!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now