Talk

Advanced search

We've been demoted: let's nag the arse off MNHQ

(8 Posts)
echt Thu 20-Nov-14 09:58:52

Gardening no longer features in the top roll of titles. Instead the tragically un-posted Home and Decs is up there. Check out Property and DIY to see the overlap. Do get on thir case, though not at the expense of Overseas.

Ferguson2 Thu 20-Nov-14 18:33:38

Yes! I don't know if HQ is having a crisis, or what. I have been ignored for almost two weeks with my password not working, but never got any help. Have had to resort to opening a second MN account with a very slightly modified nickname. (I expect I'll get told off for that!)

So, I just come back, and -Woah! where's Gardening gone?

Primary Ed has also moved a bit, but at least it is still on top level.

I'll see if any of my other 'haunts' been sabotaged. . .

funnyperson Fri 21-Nov-14 20:52:31

Oh I thought it was me. I typed mumsnet into google and usually this takes me straight through to the gardening page but not today.
Perhaps they order the topics by numbers of views and not many people are viewing gardening?

MaudantWit Mon 24-Nov-14 21:05:58

Not many people viewing gardening?

But people are always popping into the potting shed to talk about their horticultural quandaries!

There do seem to be a lot of odd little changes at the moment. Maybe we need to start lots of thrilling gardening threads, so that MNHQ (who are not averse to looking for gardening advice themselves, after all) can see what a thriving hub we are.

SugarPlumTree Mon 24-Nov-14 21:11:20

Does that mean we will be hidden from the argumentative idiots on AIBU who argue black is white or tell posters to LTB as he is abusive because he didn't put the bin out ?

If so that may be no bad thing.....

MaudantWit Mon 24-Nov-14 21:20:03

I don't think so, SugarPlumTree. For that, we would need to move to Off The Beaten Track (or, as it is dubbed these days, in a move that will pressumably confuse anyone who hasn't been hanging around MN for a while, OTBT). What has happened, as far as I can work it out, is that if you go to Talk and scroll down to Homes & Gardens, gardening is no longer one of the topics listed beside H&G, although it is listed in the bullet-pointy bit below.

SugarPlumTree Tue 25-Nov-14 07:24:55

Ignore me, I had just has a look at some posts in AIBU and the attitude of some posters was a bit depressing. I was coming from the view point they would have to actively look ie. Click to get into section rather than see.

However at the end of the day the Gardening section has always been friendly and informative and to be fair, none of the twatish behaviour carries over. There seems to be a fair bit of debate on the Gardening mags etc. That Horticulture is currently in decline and it is sad that Gardening has been shunted down the list.

MNHQ, I'd ask you to think about putting it back up. It encompasses growing edibles and creating wildlife friendly gardens which is vital with the current decline in the bee population and it is important that new people get interested. Where it was before it was easy to spot and people could wonder in very easily and get help from the many talented gardeners who pist in the section. I personally have learnt a lot from them, they are a talented, passionate bunch and it would be a shame if people don't benefit because they don't realise the section is there.

funnyperson Wed 26-Nov-14 23:28:35

mnhq dont read every post do they, I suppose we have to message them personally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now