Talk

Advanced search

Mini greenhouse fleece cover

(7 Posts)
HaveYouSeenHerLately Sun 09-Nov-14 22:06:40

I have a 4-tier mini greenhouse with a plastic cover. A friend has kindly given me a white fleece cover.
Can anyone tell me whether it goes over or under the plastic cover? I gather they can be used together during the winter months.

I've read the Gardman descriptions and reviews on Amazon and people appear conflicted grin

Thanks!

funnyperson Sun 09-Nov-14 22:59:41

Under as otherwise it will get sopping wet and be no good.

HaveYouSeenHerLately Sun 09-Nov-14 23:17:40

Thank you, that seems the most logical!

MaudantWit Mon 10-Nov-14 21:52:48

But, on the other hand, under means taking the existing cover off (which is a bit of a faff) and then everything inside gets cold. Even so, it probably is the better option but I'd wait for a (relatively) warm day.

FunkyBoldRibena Mon 10-Nov-14 22:02:44

Oh you mean a blowaway.

I wouldn't put a fleece one on; it will block light to the plants that you have in there. If you have plants in there. And it's light you need mostly during the winter.

HaveYouSeenHerLately Tue 11-Nov-14 00:15:56

Update! I changed it at lunchtime, it didn't take long to swap the covers thankfully grin

The white fleece cover is fairly thin and lets a reasonable amount of light in. I only have plants on the top shelf this year. The cat occupies a lower shelf wink

I take your point about the blow-away potential. It occupies a corner of the patio and I'm always sure to weight the bottom shelf with a couple of chunky logs. Particularly following the aftermath of a neighbour's painstakingly planted seeds (preschooler involvement) and unforecasted gusty winds sad

MaudantWit Tue 11-Nov-14 08:51:49

Well done! I've never yet had a plastic greenhouse blow over, but I also put bricks on the bottom shelf.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now