Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

The easiest way to get rid of moss?

(6 Posts)
mameulah Wed 02-Apr-14 22:22:41

Any ideas? I have managed to brush a heap of it away. We have a young toddler who loves the garden so am not so keen on using chemicals, and I am pregnant so would rather not handle them myself. If possible...

Definitely want rid of the moss though so if the only suggestions are chemical based then will find a way of getting round it. There is heaps of the stuff round here.

tia

FernieB Thu 03-Apr-14 10:12:43

Salt will kill it but also any other plants it touches. Best way really is to keep raking it out.

mameulah Thu 03-Apr-14 14:01:39

Salt, great idea! Thanks.

NaturalBaby Thu 03-Apr-14 14:05:09

In the grass or elsewhere? I've had to rake the grass very vigorously in several directions and it was exhausting! There's still loads of it though.
I think I read that soda crystals work but for paving. I scraped it off our paving slabs and it came off pretty easily but am struggling to get it off the brick paving.

MinesAPintOfTea Thu 03-Apr-14 14:48:58

For paving slabs with nothing growing on them I cleared ours with boiling water (accidentally) and it worked brilliantly (obviously when DC are in bed). In the grass I'd just leave it: its softer to land on.

TalkinPeace Thu 03-Apr-14 19:58:41

moss does no harm
what is the issue with it?
it will not poison you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now