Talk

Advanced search

ladybird invasion - anyone else?

(8 Posts)
mercibucket Mon 24-Mar-14 09:30:24

ok so it is actually in my house not garden (but that is where i put them!)
my new 'irecord ladybirds' app tells me they are the new harlequin ones, so maybe that is why they are everywhere. we find a couple every day.
anyone else? bit early isnt it?

Fullpleatherjacket Mon 24-Mar-14 09:38:09

They never seem to go away here.

Fed up with them shitting on the washing angry

HappyAsEyeAm Mon 24-Mar-14 09:41:34

We have masses in our house. I've noticed at least 20, probably nearer 30, over the weekend. I opened the window in our bedroom for the first time in a about a month (!) yesterday, and there were loads lined up on the seal between the sill and the frame.

But they are all over the house. I seem to see more of them in the south facing sunnier half of the house.

lottiegarbanzo Mon 24-Mar-14 09:54:07

They've been here all winter, living in a window frame, buzzing around me at night. I threw out about thirty a couple of weeks ago.

Damnautocorrect Mon 24-Mar-14 10:29:00

I had loads a few years back, it was like a lady bird orgy!! Not been back since

mercibucket Mon 24-Mar-14 10:30:29

yes,ours are in the south facing rooms
30 shock

MissMysticFalls Mon 24-Mar-14 10:38:44

If it's the red with black spots ladybirds then they are an asset - if you can get them to leave the house and go in the garden! They eat greenfly (aphids) ferociously. Have you got houseplants with greenfly?

If it's the orange ones then I think they're utterly unhelpful!

HappyAsEyeAm Mon 24-Mar-14 11:14:25

Typically, ours are all orange!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now