Talk

Advanced search

Is my grapevine an ex-grapevine now?

(6 Posts)
BurningBridges Mon 17-Mar-14 12:48:51

We have a big vine in back garden, stems on it as thick as your forearm, we think its been there 30+ years. It was supporting itself on some large trees and our garage - the trees had to be cut down last Autumn leaving the vine exposed. Now it appears to be dead - we hauled it from top of garage wanting to build a pagoda framey type thing under it so it would go all mediterranean etc., but that looks unlikely. Bear in mind the roots haven't been touched, but there are no buds at all anywhere on it.

Is it dead?

echt Mon 17-Mar-14 17:56:11

I'd leave it for a few months, it may put up new shoots as the weather warms up. Did you cut out all the growth on the trees?

secretscwirrels Tue 18-Mar-14 14:37:51

I doubt it's dead. Did you cut it back much?

EauRouge Tue 18-Mar-14 15:55:55

Mine isn't doing anything yet either. Give it another month and see what happens. I cut mine right back last year because we built a pergola and it did nothing for ages, then when it got going it only took the summer to cover the whole thing.

TalkinPeace Tue 18-Mar-14 20:20:59

you've just made it angry
wait till May

BurningBridges Tue 18-Mar-14 22:38:10

I like your thinking. All of it. I shall wait till May, Darling buds and all that. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now