Talk

Advanced search

Ok to paint bordering garage wall?

(5 Posts)
TooMuchRain Sat 01-Mar-14 17:00:15

At the end of our garden there is the wall of a garage, it is rather concrete and unattractive and I would like to paint it but it's not ours and I'm not sure who the owner is. There is a row of garages but they come in from a totally different road from ours and are not in front of a row of houses so I've no idea who the owners might be. Would it be very intrusive to paint it?

isisisis Sun 02-Mar-14 10:05:19

Yes! It would be very rude. Why don't you go & put a note with your contact details on the garage & ask them to contact you? You can't just paint people's property without asking.

Gooner123 Sun 02-Mar-14 17:49:18

Why not bang a couple of stakes in & attach some trellis,then you can plant some nice climbers & hide said wall.

TooMuchRain Sun 02-Mar-14 19:57:51

Thanks, te trellis idea might work, I could attach it to our wall too. I can't see anyone bothering to reply to a note, it's not a very well-loved looking garage...

echt Mon 03-Mar-14 09:34:45

I'd hang a note on the garage door explaining your situation. I'd be amazed if the owners objected.

I own a vast garage that my NDN dutifully never painted on her side. I expressed my amazement that she hadn't painted. I could give a stuff; she's the one who has to look at the bugger. She grows raspberries and passionflowers up it. It is beautiful now, painted a vibrant purply blue, with deep aqua roller doors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now