Talk

Advanced search

Growbags and things

(3 Posts)
Jux Wed 26-Feb-14 10:59:09

Last year I had several growbags and a raised bed, mainly tomatoes but some courgettes. One is still going with kale doing pretty well.

When the toms and courgettes had finished, I pulled out the plants and put them in the compost, but had no idea what to do with the growbags, so they're just stacked up still full of earth.

What do I do with them, empty them out to where? I actually have no idea! Can I use the earth again?

Mirage Wed 26-Feb-14 12:14:09

I used to empty them onto the borders in the garden.Theoretically,if you mix something like Growmore or any other plant food or well rotted manure in with the bags,you should be able to use them again.After all,greenhouse borders are the same soil year after year,and are just topped up with compost,so can't see why grow bags would be any different.

Jux Wed 26-Feb-14 14:36:46

I was thinking the same,mand we don't change the soil in the garden every year - but then we do crop rotation and things like that, so I couldn't decide, being pretty new to this gardening thing.

OK, I'll mix lovely stuff in and turn it about and so on.

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now