Talk

Advanced search

Possible silly question - old shed into raised beds?

(4 Posts)
TitsalinaBumSquash Mon 17-Feb-14 12:50:55

I am revamping my garden understatement of the year I have 2 sheds that I am getting rid of and getting 1 big shed.

I want to use the space of 1 of the old sheds as my veggie patch.

Bending is an issue for me so I would like raised planters, having looked online into buying them either flat pack or ready made they are going to cost a bomb.

Could I use the wood from the old shed to get someone to make me some planters or does it have to be a special sort of wood?

Old shed is fine in theory but if the wood is thin and you want deep beds then it might not be strong enough for the job.

Don't forget the cost of filling the raised beds with topsoil etc (although you may have 'spare' topsoil from somewhere, or you could use the topsoil from under where the new shed is going)

TitsalinaBumSquash Mon 17-Feb-14 17:29:19

New she'd is going on concrete that is already there, I wasn't going to have the planters very deep but raised right up so I don't have to be in my knees all the time.

dizhin79 Fri 21-Feb-14 01:21:08

The tall wooden planters are constructed out of treated wood, so it won't rot. Also needs to be very sturdy so it will stand steady in strong winds.
I'd say your shed timbers will probably be a bit thin tbh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now