Talk

Advanced search

Next doors tree surgeons have left their rubbish all over my garden.

(5 Posts)
willotess Sun 16-Feb-14 22:01:14

AIBU in thinking that they should have cleared up the mess they made when they pollarded the ash, oak, fir and wild cherry trees along the border. They are not my trees BTW. My lawn is littered with branches, clumps of ivy and one huge bough from the oak. I have tried to speak to neighbours but they are not answering their front door nor replying to me when I have called them over the fence. I have now written to them. I have asked them to clear it up within the week or I will, and give it all back to them! (Dump it on their drive!).

gretagrape Mon 17-Feb-14 14:45:23

You are acting within your rights - if the trees are theirs then you have the right to put it all back over their side. I'd maybe try to put it over the fence where the trees themselves are though - that's what would have happened if the workers had done their job properly (and that's what you have the legal right to do). By taking the time and trouble to take it somewhere else specifically designed to pee them off you might be starting down a path of neighbourly dispute that could easily get way out of hand.

willotess Tue 18-Feb-14 00:32:15

Just being a bit flippant about dumping the stuff on their drive - I wouldn't actually do that. But I will put it back over the fence/hedge if they don't clear it up.

gobbin Sun 23-Feb-14 08:46:48

You have the right to return it over the fence. I'd not bother with a letter or getting them onto my property to retrieve it, just bung it over and let them get on with it.

LaurieFairyCake Sun 23-Feb-14 10:43:57

Just a quick warning that the tree may not be theirs. We had an enormous oak pollarded as it looked bloody dangerous to me but it wasn't ours.

It borders 8 gardens, has no TPO and is not shown as existing even at 400 plus years old on the plans.

So we paid a lot of money to have it done and I'd be a bit miffed if all the neighbours who had a bit fall into their gardens started putting it back over as we spent 1450 on getting it cleared.

So if it's 'mine' I don't want it wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now