Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How long until my peonies flower???

(12 Posts)
madcows Sun 02-Jun-13 16:10:18

We have visitors coming from overseas next weekend... they are very keen gardners. We planned this weekend months ago, and I thought the garden would be looking fab. But lots is nearly out, but not quite.

So - when do you reckon the peonies will actually open - the buds are the size of walnuts, and look as if they're going to burst... but just not yet. I'm in the southeast.

How long do you think it'll be??!
madcows

mrsvandertramp Sun 02-Jun-13 20:09:35

One of mine came out last week and is looking lovely now, the other looks as though it's on the verge of opening, but it's been looking like that for about 2 weeks. With good weather forecast for this week, hopefully they'll be out by the weekend!

Mirage Sun 02-Jun-13 20:41:58

We are in the East Midlands and mine came out a few days ago.I bet yours will be out in the next few days.

GoblinGranny Sun 02-Jun-13 20:44:29

I've got two peonies, a pink and a deep red. Neither of them have flowered yet, and I'm SE. The buds are huge.

madcows Sun 02-Jun-13 22:59:54

I'm getting so impatient... I keep peering at them, as if it'll make them come out quicker!

merlin Sun 02-Jun-13 23:02:54

Ooh mine are the same! I'm in the SW and hope that the sunshine forecast for the next few days will bing them out!

AuntySib Sun 02-Jun-13 23:07:17

My Mum lives round the corner from me and hers have jsut bloomed, while mine are still buds. Think its to do with which way the garden faces and the amount of sun they get. We're in London. yours probably will flower by next weekend if the sun shines!

babySophieRose Sun 02-Jun-13 23:25:09

What they need is sun and water. Mine are also just about to bloom but if i remember to water them it will be sooner. Few years back mine just didn't flower because wether were dry and we have been away, so no water=no bloom.

madcows Mon 03-Jun-13 10:50:09

Well they've had plenty of rain in recent weeks, but have just chucked a can on water on them in case that helps. But the sun is shining and fingers crossed.

DeathMetalMum Thu 06-Jun-13 16:31:09

NW here and two or three of my mums peonies have flowered (yesterday I was there) but their garden is a sun trap.

cantspel Thu 06-Jun-13 17:49:33

My tree peonies have plenty of leaves but not one bud.

Not even one small pathetic onesad

madcows Fri 07-Jun-13 11:14:56

Well, the peonies are still in bud - so frustrating! I bet they all open the day after my visitors leave! At least some of the foxgloves are opening, and the aquilega are out too... but the peonies, the roses, love-in-the-mist etc etc are all sitting there with fat buds, but nothing more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now