Talk

Advanced search

I have a naked garden and no eye for horticultural creativity. What shall I do with it?

(3 Posts)
JohnSnowsTie Wed 22-May-13 15:22:16

Have just had new turf laid in our small garden and it looks great, if a little boring as there's no colour but green as far as they eye can see.

I don't want to make it too fussy, but could I please have a few starting-point ideas as to what plants I could start with, just to make it a bit more interesting?

Nothing too ambitious please as I'm a complete novice!

Thanks in advance.

LadyMud Wed 22-May-13 15:35:37

What else is there in your garden besides grass, JST? Patio? Empty flower beds? Fencing? Walls? What do you want to use your garden for?

How much space do you have for planting? Is it sunny in the morning, or the afternoon?

JohnSnowsTie Wed 22-May-13 15:50:51

Well, there are fences all the way around, apart from the house end which is conservatory glass.

There are two small triangular shaped beds in corners by house with some shrubs/ a buddleia (sp?) in each, but both have a little space for more plants.

There's a fair amount of space for planting around the rest of the garden. It's been a while since we've seen any sun but I think it's sunnier in the afternoon...

Have toddlers hence needs to be faily low maintenance/child friendly plants. Are pot plants a good idea?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now