Talk

Advanced search

Buying online - Is Crocus the best?

(11 Posts)
Karbea Mon 20-May-13 19:44:14

Hello,

I need to buy a few plants (i'm a novice gardener), and i'm loving the Crocus website where I can put in position, size etc and it tells me what I should buy.
Is the site the best to buy from?
Do any other sites do something similar?

thank you!

HeathRobinson Mon 20-May-13 19:50:04

Royal Horticultural Society plant selector

Put in your variables and it'll offer selections.

No idea re Crocus, sorry.

Happiestinwellybobs Mon 20-May-13 19:51:18

I love crocus, and have always had great service and plants from them, but they are a bit expensive. Although if you google gardeners world crocus they are doing 20% off. I have recently used Jacksons Nurseries, as they had some of the plants I had found on Crocus but at a few pounds cheaper (although their postage is quite a lot).

starfishmummy Mon 20-May-13 19:54:30

I haven't used Crocus for plants, just for garden accessories. My view is that they are on the pricey side. If you can, you would be better off going to a local garden centre where you can choose the plants yourself.

namelessposter Mon 20-May-13 19:56:49

They do a brilliant garden planning service for a bargain price- tell them the size, location, soil type and light/moisture levels of your problem-border, and what colours etc you like, and they send you a planting plan. Genius!

CuttedUpPear Mon 20-May-13 20:12:11

Crocus are best for choosing the right plants and their plant descriptions and pairings are good.

So choose there. Don't give them any money as they are really overpriced.
Then buy local - support your local nursery or garden centre.

onefewernow Mon 20-May-13 21:43:52

blebell nursery give good advice, and helped me lots regarding buxus.

onefewernow Mon 20-May-13 21:44:01

bluebell

MoominMammasHandbag Tue 21-May-13 18:07:22

I have had very good service from Crocus; large, vigorous, healthy plants and no quibble replacements for the ones that got damaged in transit.

EeyoreIsh Sun 26-May-13 10:37:33

I've used crocus and had great plants from them. And they arrive really promptly.

But don't pay full price, they almost always have discount codes.

funnyperson Sun 26-May-13 12:07:46

Crocus have a cheap open day coming up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now