Talk

Advanced search

Tell me which is the best strimmer? Just found out my new cordless one is rubbish (according to reviews)

(9 Posts)
CuttedUpPear Wed 15-May-13 09:15:49

I've just bought a Bosch ART23 cordless rechargeable strimmer for £75.
I haven't managed to use it yet because of the rain so the grass is a high as an elephant's eye. but speaking to a gardener mate last night she reckons they are a pile of crap.
Looked up some Amazon reviews and many say the same (not all) so I'm thinking about returning it.

What is the best one do you reckon and should I give up on rechargeable ones? I have a medium sized lumpy garden on a terraced slope.

onefewernow Wed 15-May-13 09:19:46

Oh return it! I had it too and it barely recharged and certainly cut things badly. Send it back and buy a £30 electric one. I'm much happier with that.

Utter rip off.

onefewernow Wed 15-May-13 09:21:20

As are the £100 or less Bosch garden shredders in my view. Useless fir anything other than soft growth.

( if anyone wants my nearly new one for free, let me know!)

CuttedUpPear Wed 15-May-13 15:49:13

Ok I will take your advice - now have to get the small field outside chopped today in the only window of opportunity there is likely to be - aargh!

CuttedUpPear Fri 17-May-13 07:26:18

Finally got some order restored to the garden by borrowing my neighbours' petrol strimmer. Although I reckon a combine harvester would have been more appropriate.

Any recommendations for good strimmers then?

onefewernow Fri 17-May-13 08:54:00

CUP, I just abandoned by "buy expensive for good results " policy and bought a cheap one on amazon which had good reviews. I think it was black and decker.

cantspel Fri 17-May-13 09:16:19

I have given up strimming around my borders and now just do it with scissors. It is a a lot more time consuming but you dont have to do it so often as you get a better result.

SingingSilver Fri 17-May-13 15:59:59

I need a strimmer to get my overgrown grass under control. Is there a particular brand any of you like more than others? I was looking at the Black & Decker cordless on Amazon.

CuttedUpPear Sat 18-May-13 08:31:49

Scissors?! cantspel you are welcome to come round and cut my borders with your scissors if you like, how long have you got? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now