Talk

Advanced search

Poinsetta

(5 Posts)
morethanpotatoprints Mon 13-May-13 18:54:13

Hi, I know this is an indoor plant not gardening as such but couldn't find the right place.

Has anybody still got/know anybody who has still got a poinsettia from xmas.
I am sick of it now but it is so lovely and keeps producing new buds, leaves and is thriving.
As mine usually dies in early january I was wondering if this is normal?

mumschoc Mon 13-May-13 19:27:40

I don't really know much but,you must be doing something right if it's still going strong.The longest any of mine have lasted is late February.

morethanpotatoprints Mon 13-May-13 19:31:01

mumschoc

My family are finding it highly amusing as every plant I try to grow dies very quickly. The one which I believe to have a very short season is doing well.
It is about 3x it's original size, bought beginning of December from Morrisons. grin

Thanks for your reply.

echt Tue 14-May-13 12:47:41

If you live in the south of England, I wonder if you could pot it and grow it outside? Here in Melbourne it grows in the garden, and makes a leggy, very attractive shrub, with the red leaves in winter (June - August). Bizarrely, the forced plants are then available in our summer Dec - Feb. In time for Christmas. grin

morethanpotatoprints Tue 14-May-13 12:52:43

Wow echt

That sounds amazing I bet it looks lovely. I love them at xmas as they brighten the place up. It seems strange to have it doing so well and even though I would love to compost it, I daren't as its the first successful plant I have ever had.
Unfortunately, we are in the NW between Manchester and Liverpool and the weather isn't usually good here.
Today it is looking really healthy with loads of small leaves and buds coming out. grin
It may last till next xmas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now