Talk

Advanced search

so proud, planted up a whole trench of raspberries today using my veyr own compost!!

(4 Posts)
steppemum Fri 05-Apr-13 23:24:43

Ok, so I know the raspberries should have been moved in the autumn, and it has taken me this long to prepare the space (serious digging, land clearing required and then discover a layer of heavy rubble 8'' down) so it has taken me all winter to do it.

But this afternoon, the kids and I dug the trench and filled it with the most delicious thick compost, totally perfect. Then dug up all the raspberries and transplanted them into their new home.

We started the compost in a giant builders bag on the day we moved in, 1 year and 8 months ago, in fact the bag was a new home present form my gardening mad mum so that we could start a compost heap.

Last summer dh built me some proper compost bins, a row of three, and the first one is full and stewing grin

But the builders bag got filled up that first summer and has been sitting in a corner stewing, and today we opened it and the compost was amazing, my first proper gardening achievement, and I just needed to share it with someone who understands! grin

cantspel Fri 05-Apr-13 23:47:03

congrats there is nothing to beat the feeling when something goes right in the garden.

Lat week i made my teenage son who has very little interest in compost or the garden come too at my leaf mold as i was so proud of how well it was breaking downblush
He pulled his "yes mum" face and wandered away muttering he had a weird mother.

steppemum Fri 05-Apr-13 23:56:29

it is ridiculous to be holding handfuls of compost and going 'ooh look at that it is lovely' isn't it?

kids were very happy to help shovel it into the trench though so it must have looked good

Rhubarbgarden Sat 06-Apr-13 08:44:33

Wonderful. There's nothing so satisfying as lovely home produced compost!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now