Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Strawberries!

(6 Posts)
OhYouBadBadGhostie Fri 21-Oct-11 16:57:00

Well I never! We seem to have a second crop of strawberries ripening in the garden. just picked some and they are delicious. I know that the weather has been a little odd this year but its the first time i've had strawberries in October and amazingly they've survived the ground frost from earlier this week
My rose bush is blooming again too.
Anything odd happening in your garden?

giyadas Fri 21-Oct-11 17:00:15

I've got a second batch of strawberries. And my tomatoes have only just ripened, but only got a handful of them.
Oh, and one blueberry hmm.
Been rubbish this year, have given up. Looking forward to better luck next year.

OhYouBadBadGhostie Fri 21-Oct-11 17:05:28

lol at one blueberry. I hope you didnt have to share it!
I lost almost all of my tomatoes to blight sad

giyadas Fri 21-Oct-11 17:11:22

sad Been a very bad year for tomatoes. Mine are only small.
Oh, I also had one very small pepper that got blown off the plant in the recent winds. I had to hunt the garden for it as there was no way I was going to lose it. Anyway, I found it and used it in a pasta sauce and it was delicious. grin
Mates DD had the blueberry but spat it out <weeps>

HarrietJones Fri 21-Oct-11 17:26:35

I've had strawberries still flowering /fruiting. Still got loads of raspberries.and I'm oop north & didn't even get the Indian summer a few weeks ago

Didn't get much in the way of toms either this year

OhYouBadBadGhostie Fri 21-Oct-11 18:17:52

How funny at having to search for a blown away pepper giyadas!
Harrietjones - am jealous at your raspberries - my autumn ones gave up producing weeks ago.
funny old year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now