Talk

Advanced search

Lavendar to cut and dry... anyone want some?

(4 Posts)
kellestar Mon 19-Sep-11 21:35:29

Does anyone want some Lavendar to dry. My bush has gone bonkers and it's taller than the little apple tree it shares a patch with. Normally clip and dry it myself for use, but still have a kilo left over from last year and a little one under foot, means I don't have the same amount of time to make lovely things from it.

It hasn't yet been clipped as the bees are still making their most of it. If you want it, you can come and clip it and have all that you can carry. It dries beautifully and keeps it's scent for a long time. I took a bit over a kilo off last year, that's once it's dried and taken off stalk. Just don't want it to go on the compost heap if I don't have time to dry it.

Somerset based.

RedRubyBlue Tue 20-Sep-11 19:34:37

if you have the time and the inclination then chip the cuttings and put them in the papier mache it makes them smell wonderful as they burn

My DP does this for me

blush

chickchickchicken Tue 20-Sep-11 22:13:30

i would love some as ive run out and want to make more lavender sachets but i live too far away sad

YougreatPamplemousse Tue 20-Sep-11 22:14:42

Kelle - whereish somerset based? I am in Wiltshire.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now