Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bug alert!!! help and recommendations needed

(3 Posts)
countydurhamlass Sat 27-Aug-11 16:59:38

i have veg potted in plants in my yard. i have done this for a couple of years and had no problems. in the past i have planted onions, potatoes, tomatoes, peas.

this year i have planted cucumbers and baby bell shaped peppers, tomatoes, peas, a strawberry plant and a gooseberry bush.

the problem is with my pepper plants. something is eating them but i can't see what. i did have caterpillars on my gooseberry bush but picked them off.

is there anything i can buy to stop them eating by plants? any bug killer that people can recommend. i am not bothered about it being organic as long as it kills the bugs

thanks

ellangirl Sun 28-Aug-11 14:02:41

Mine too- I think it's earwigs, as I thought I had a nice pepper growing, then turned it around and there was a big hole with earwigs inside <boak>. No idea what to do about them though!

radiohelen Sun 18-Sep-11 15:29:23

Paper cup on a stick with lots of shredded paper inside. Earwigs climb up inside to stay toastie and warm. You then toast them on the bonfire by emptying cup over it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now