Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Spider proof shed

(7 Posts)
Tia4 Thu 21-Jul-11 09:45:07

Is it possible to have one? My feeling is that the answer is a resounding "NO!" along with "get a grip ... you're a gardener!" ha ha! I would love to have my own little place to chill out in and work from but the spider thing just freaks me out!

Hope you're all having a good day, Tia.

HoneyPablo Thu 21-Jul-11 09:47:29

You can get sprays to stop spiders coming in but don't know how effective they are.
I have used conkers in the bedrooms which did seem to have an effect on the spider numbers.

Cattleprod Thu 21-Jul-11 09:49:10

I think it would have to be airtight as some spiders are so tiny, so you'd probably suffocate yourself while you were chilling out!

Could you keep a cat in there? They eat spiders!

NerfHerder Thu 21-Jul-11 10:40:09

I imagine you wouldn't get so many if sheds weren't so dry... but kind of defeats the purpose wink

HoneyPablo Thu 21-Jul-11 11:01:13

so we need a wet air-tight space to prevent spider ingress. So it's a swimming pool then. grin

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 21-Jul-11 11:12:05

Yes, get a grip, you're a gardener smile I used to be worried about spiders in my house but was given a spider catcher gadget, like a see-through pyramid on a stick, and that deals with them. In the shed, after the wasps, mice and legions of other encroaching wild-life, the spiders seem quite cuddly by comparison.

Tia4 Thu 21-Jul-11 13:30:01

Hee hee ... thought as much! Had a good giggle at your replies tho smile Guess I'll just chill out on the patio then!

Tia.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now