Talk

Advanced search

Cover for garden table

(3 Posts)
NoseyNooNoo Tue 19-Jul-11 11:40:34

We have a garden table that we bought in April - we've oiled it twice and it looks awful already so it needs a cover but I'd be rel;uctant to use a cover because the parasol would have to be removed every day which would be a pain.

So, can you buy table covers that have a slit in them so that you can slide the cover on even if the parasol is there?

NoseyNooNoo Wed 20-Jul-11 13:43:26

Anyone?

Erebus Wed 20-Jul-11 14:12:48

How handy are you? It really wouldn't be hard to cut a hole in a cover, then maybe line the hole down the shaft (ifswim!) so any rain would run down through and onto the ground rather than pool beneath the cover which would cause more damage to the wood than no cover.

With covers, you have a couple of options: the cheap 'Chinese shopping bag' stuff, often bright green, being woven strands of plastic bag material; or PVC type covers which are far better imho. If you get the first, lay strips of gaffer tape under where you'll cut your hole so it doesn't fray.

The former wear out and leak in no time, but I have just bought a PVC cover for my table because the similar BBQ cover has lasted years.

this company will make to size and may even be able to cut your hole for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now