Talk

Advanced search

I hate my garden!

(5 Posts)
CoffeeIsMyFriend Sat 09-Jul-11 15:31:28

I do, I really do. The dogs have destroyed the lawn, I have craters and dust where a lovely graduated lawn used to be. I have patchy grass where the veggie patch was. The patio needs re something.

I just dont have the time or creativity to do anything about it. The bushes and plants we do have I like. It isnt even that big a garden compared to our last house and that was mostly lawn.

I so miss my father coming down and doing the garden, he was a keen gardener and always had ideas about what went where and got all of us involved. Since his stroke he is no longer able and my bloody garden has gone to pot.

What I need is v low maintenance, dog friendly, child friendly.

Any ideas?

CoffeeIsMyFriend Sat 09-Jul-11 19:34:00

anyone?

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 10-Jul-11 16:10:47

Why don't you get someone in to do the heavy-duty clearing up stuff (and maybe pay them to come back weekly to maintain) so that you can do the nice work of planting and designing? My garden was looking totally rubbish last year but the prospect of dealing with it kept putting me off because I knew it was going to be hard work. But I paid a big bloke a day's wages to clear a great big area and I was quite happy to take it from there.

Good luck

CoffeeIsMyFriend Sun 10-Jul-11 18:23:05

Thanks cog I had a conversation with DH this morning and he thinks we should get someone in to sort it out and maintain it as neither DH or I have time or inall honesty inclination.

I dont mind grass cutting, but the rest is not my thing.

CoffeeIsMyFriend Tue 23-Aug-11 14:22:36

We had the garden 'done' while we were away on holiday last week. What a massive difference. It is brilliant. Dogs have to be kept off the turf for a while until it settles down and then after that they will be supervised continually.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now