Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My pea's have had it (had 2 crops), what can i replace them with in my veg patch?

(8 Posts)
Marne Fri 01-Jul-11 19:33:14

I'm going to pull up my peas tomorrow as they have finished, what can i replace them with (was thinking of buying some plants rather than seads), is it too late to plant beans? what else could i plant?

catinthehat2 Fri 01-Jul-11 19:40:38

have you got leeks in?
they will potter along now and over the winter and when you have NOTHING early 2012, they will be sitting there ready to eat in the snow. ANd costing ££££/kilo in the supermarket

Marne Fri 01-Jul-11 19:45:14

Good idea, i have no winter veg planted (all summer and autum).

Dumbledoresgirl Fri 01-Jul-11 19:51:53

Well, for reasons I cannot fathom, my courgettes, pumpkins, runner and french beans are all still at a very early stage so how about one of those?

Marne Fri 01-Jul-11 20:02:16

We have pumkins and courgettes, my french runners are not doing great sad but we have had a few courgettes and we have 1 pumpkin growing (they seem to be taking over the veg patch, would be happy with more beans (as dd2 and dh love them).

PaisleyLeaf Fri 01-Jul-11 20:16:53

Carrots?

ProfYaffle Fri 01-Jul-11 20:19:46

I've planted some runners (plants not seeds) this week so I hope it's not too late! What about some quick crops? spring onions, turnips?

Kryshees Fri 01-Jul-11 20:35:57

More peas?? Late Cabbage can be sown now too. Take a trip to your local Market /carboot and pick up some started veggies for pennies. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now