Talk

Advanced search

Growing chilli peppers

(9 Posts)
bigTillyMint Tue 28-Jun-11 11:00:19

I am so proud of myself, growing chilli peppers on my kitchen windowsill! However, there are lots of little white things - like lines, rather than dots - on the leaves. Does anyone know what they could be and whether I should do anything about them?

chuckeyegg Tue 28-Jun-11 11:24:53

Sounds like leaf miners. You could just remove the effected leaves to stop it spreading they won't effect the chillis.

I'm growing chillis too and been amaze how many chillis on one plant.

xx

bigTillyMint Tue 28-Jun-11 11:56:24

Leaf miners! Love the name!

Do I have to remove the leaves (quite a few), or will they still grow OK if I leave them on?

yes I have 3 plants and maybe 50 chillis growing! Biggest is only about3cm long.

I'm a bit worried that they will die when we go on hol in 4 weeks (will be away 3 weeks) - any tips?

bigTillyMint Tue 28-Jun-11 11:57:54

Ooh just googled it - doesn't look like images - they are little white flecks on top of the surface of the leaves????? smile

chuckeyegg Tue 28-Jun-11 12:22:56

How big are they? There is a forum for chilli growers you might find your answer there. My mum plant sat my chilli plant. smile

here

bigTillyMint Tue 28-Jun-11 15:35:07

white flecks are about 2-3mm long. I will try googling!

chuckeyegg Wed 29-Jun-11 08:02:21

Did you find out what it was?

bigTillyMint Wed 29-Jun-11 14:34:18

No! I couldn't find the chilli-growers site, and I can't find any mages that looked like the white things on the leaves!

TrilllianAstra Wed 29-Jun-11 14:45:41

Tips: get someone to water them while you are away!

They like a bit of tomato food as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now