Talk

Advanced search

Could someone recommend me a petrol lawnmower please? the one we had we had for years and years so was old and I cant remember what it was..

(6 Posts)
TrinIsASadSpottyFatRhino Tue 21-Jun-11 09:16:42

so garden is massive
6 apple tree around the ages, large trees at the bottom
not in good nick at all, holes dug by dogs, rockery removed years ago so little bit uneven to say the least

so very sturdy, petrol mower that has adjustable height and I can stsrt and use

any recommendations?

TrinIsASadSpottyFatRhino Tue 21-Jun-11 09:19:48

pretty pleeeease

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 21-Jun-11 10:12:08

I've had a Hayter Harrier for about 10 years which I chose after reading a Which report. Lawn is about 70' x 30' so I didn't go for the biggest version they do. You'll need something fairy wide or it'll take you ages. It has adjustable height, variable speed, is not too difficult to start with a pull toggle and pulls me around the park pretty reliably. I've found it easy to get serviced (unlike a previous mower I had). My lawn isn't bowling green standard but it copes with the uneven surface reasonably well.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 21-Jun-11 10:13:05

'fairly' wide, I meant. A 'fairy wide' mower would be very, very small....

TrinIsASadSpottyFatRhino Tue 21-Jun-11 12:59:05

thanks cogito smile

'fairy wide' lol

frostyfingers Mon 27-Jun-11 16:44:34

We have just replaced our old Hayter with the same version Harrier 48 Electric Start & Variable speed. It can mow close if you want it to. We have a large lawn too, about 1 acre and do the half nearer the house with the Hayter (it's v bumpy thanks to Mr Mole), and the further end has a rougher finish with a ride on, plus a "wildflower" area to hide the septic tank! The Hayter is fine, and easy for me to use with my dodgy shoulder!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now