Talk

Advanced search

bamboo in raised beds

(3 Posts)
titchy77 Thu 16-Jun-11 08:51:54

Hi wondering if any garderners can help me, I have a raised wooden bed about 2 foot high in my garden and in May my father in law gave us some bamboo to plant in it, not sure what type it is clumping or running. We planted it in and put a barrier around the bamboo roots. Stupidly I didn't do any reseach on it before I planted it and thought it would be fine as my fil has it in his garden with no problems and I also like the way it looks. My question is will this control it from spreading as I've read its quite invasive and ever since we planted it my neighbour has stopped talking to usconfused and I'm not sure why, I think maybe he thinks its going to start popping up everywhere or something, I dont know but he has ignored us ever since. Do you think I should dig it up and get something else or is there anything I can do to stop it spreading?? I really hate the fact my neighbour has stopped talking to us and don't want to have problems with it in the future!!! Thanks

MrsMagnolia Thu 16-Jun-11 19:26:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

titchy77 Thu 16-Jun-11 22:01:50

Thanks, that is good to hear, was really worried I might have to dig them up!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now